$32.25 million Lotto Texas jackpot is currently the largest in the USA

Quick Links

USA MegaLottery Places

The time is now 1:49 pm

You last visited October 25, 2020, 1:45 pm

All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Aug 14, 2020, 5:47 pm

Share this news story on Facebook
Tweet this news story on Twitter
Texas LotteryTexas Lottery: $32.25 million Lotto Texas jackpot is currently the largest in the USARating:

It’s also the second largest in the world

By Kate Northrop

AUSTIN, Tx. — The Texas Lottery is up on the world stage as the Lotto Texas jackpot rolled to $32.35 million after no jackpot-winning tickets were sold for the Wednesday, August 12 drawing, making it the biggest prize in the United States right now.

The estimated annuitized jackpot amount is up for grabs in the next drawing to be held on Saturday, August 15. Not only is it the largest jackpot in North America right now, even above the current advertised $31 million Mega Millions jackpot, but it is also the second-largest jackpot in the world behind the €85 million (US$ 93.71 million) Euro Millions prize.

“Lotto Texas has been on an exciting run, and now the jackpot has emerged as the largest on the continent,” Gary Grief, Executive Director of the Texas Lottery Commission said in a news release. “This game has always been a favorite among Texas Lottery players, and we know they will be thrilled to play for one of the largest prizes in the world.”

The last time the Lotto Texas jackpot was valued over $30 million was two years ago. A Houston resident claimed an advertised $30.25 million prize on the May 16, 2018 drawing after they purchased the lone winning ticket at MJ’s All Season Food Store in Houston.

The Lotto Texas game reached its highest-ever jackpot on June 19, 2004. At a staggering advertised value of $145 million, the jackpot was claimed by VOM Enterprises, Ltd after the sole winning ticket was bought in El Paso.

Only one player has won a Lotto Texas jackpot this year. On January 15, 2020, a Laredo resident claimed the $17.5 million prize.

It remains to be seen whether the Texas Lottery will continue to boast the largest jackpot in the country. Texas players interested in snagging the $32.25 million prize can purchase a lottery ticket for tomorrow’s draw at 10:12 pm CT. The Mega Millions jackpot isn’t far behind, with the next drawing for the $31 million jackpot scheduled for tonight at 11:00 pm ET.

“We want to remind our players to play responsibly,” Grief said in a statement. “It only takes one ticket to win.”

The world record for the largest jackpot ever is the $1.586 Powerball drawing held on January 13, 2016.

Lottery Post Staff

Avatar

Simpsonville
United States
Member #163184
January 22, 2015
2286 Posts
Offline

📄

That is awesome; puts the big guys to shame IMHO!!

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

USN United States Navy

Fresno, California
United States
Member #157851
August 2, 2014
3959 Posts
Offline

📄

Saturday, August 15th, should be exciting in Texas. This story is likely all over the news there. Who wants to be rich or wealthy? 

 “We are all in this together!” 

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244

Little Rock, AR
United States
Member #68363
December 19, 2008
250 Posts
Offline

📄

I wonder when the powerball and mega million games are going back to the old rules. Games are horrible the way they are right now.

United States
Member #172640
January 31, 2016
11 Posts
Offline

📄

Has  there  been any known  jackpot winner, who claims using Everett Pi Pierce’s Pyramid Numerology  equation  method to win. Or is Everett Pi Pierce’s method complete B.S?

KY Floyd's avatar - lysol avatar.jpg

NY
United States
Member #23834
October 16, 2005
4264 Posts
Offline

📄

The cash value is even better, at almost 85% of the annuity value vs about 80% for the $31 million MM annuity. The odds are almost 12 times better, too. The odds won’t change, but in a little while we’ll know if MM has rolled to $40 million.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

Texas
United States
Member #55887
October 23, 2007
10470 Posts
Offline

📄

Has  there  been any known  jackpot winner, who claims using Everett Pi Pierce’s Pyramid Numerology  equation  method to win. Or is Everett Pi Pierce’s method complete B.S?

More quick picks are winners than self picks.

It has rolled 60 times since the last winning draw. They sell about 1.3 million tickets for Wednesday’s draws, and about 1.9 million tickets for Saturday’s draws. Compared to the number of combinations in this game, that’s not a lot of tickets.

I’ve been playing 5 lines since July 22 instead of my normal 1 line.

CAN’T WIN IF YOU’RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Avatar

Chasing $ Millions.

White Shores- California
United States
Member #136473
December 12, 2012
6337 Posts
Offline

📄

ln all seriousness rcb, l am pulling for you to hit this jackpot.What a send off that would be, finally knowing your ship came in.White Bounce

 * Voice of Reason *   

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

HaveABall's avatar - rocket

United States
Member #72446
March 18, 2009
1311 Posts
Offline

📄

It’s ridiculous that no ticket has won the jackpot in 7 months!  This states frequent weekly drawings lottery game should have at least a quarterly jackpot winner. No No

Having several millions of dollars in my financial accounts means receiving several valuable services each day!

Disney

Avatar

United States
Member #180549
March 12, 2017
193 Posts
Offline

📄

Bus in players from Florida, California, and New Jersey to buy tickets and I bet it will be won in a hurry.

I’m actually surprised no one is cashing in on lottery tourism.  Hey!  Maybe I should go into that! lol

I am the Prince of Thieves!!!

Avatar

Simpsonville
United States
Member #163184
January 22, 2015
2286 Posts
Offline

📄

And no RNG.

Sorry Todd for going off subject.   Just on MA lottery website and said shortly sales of Lucky for Life would end for a new ‘BETTER’ game in Spring 2021.   Let’s translate that….better for the lottery, probably harder to win and maybe switch to RNG.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

50

Chief Bottle Washer

New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
25878 Posts
Online

📄

And no RNG.

Sorry Todd for going off subject.   Just on MA lottery website and said shortly sales of Lucky for Life would end for a new ‘BETTER’ game in Spring 2021.   Let’s translate that….better for the lottery, probably harder to win and maybe switch to RNG.

I’m not sure it will be computerized.  I do know it will be changed at some point, but it’s not going to be canceled.  Probably just an increased number matrix with a higher “for life” top prize.  The reason Massachusetts is mentioning it right now is because they need to let players know that season tickets will be limited in the run-up to the changes.

Avatar

Simpsonville
United States
Member #163184
January 22, 2015
2286 Posts
Offline

📄

I’m not sure it will be computerized.  I do know it will be changed at some point, but it’s not going to be canceled.  Probably just an increased number matrix with a higher “for life” top prize.  The reason Massachusetts is mentioning it right now is because they need to let players know that season tickets will be limited in the run-up to the changes.

Maybe to be more in line with Cash 4 Life which IMHO is a slightly better game and better top payouts.  If memory serves me correctly this is drawn in Connecticut and Cash 4 Life is drawn in New Jersey.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

Texas
United States
Member #55887
October 23, 2007
10470 Posts
Offline

📄

It’s ridiculous that no ticket has won the jackpot in 7 months!  This states frequent weekly drawings lottery game should have at least a quarterly jackpot winner. No No

Again, my point was there are 25,827,165 combinations in the game. There are anywhere from 1,300,000 to 1,900,000 tickets sold each draw. A very small percentage of the total combinations. That’s not on Texas Lottery. To say it is looks like you think Texas Lottery should make sure there is a winner every quarter. In that case the draws would not be random.

I agree that 60 rolls is quite unusual, but to me it also means the draws are random. This not a RNG game, the draws are mechanical drawn balls. And it is exciting to have a nice jackpot of $27,300,000.

Here’s hoping I win tonight!!!

CAN’T WIN IF YOU’RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

KY Floyd's avatar - lysol avatar.jpg

NY
United States
Member #23834
October 16, 2005
4264 Posts
Offline

📄

I agree that 60 rolls is quite unusual

According to lottoreport,com this run has sold 66.6 million tickets. The odds of a winner are 1 in 25,827,165 so they’ve sold 2.58 as many tickets as can be expected, as a long term average, to produce each winner. The probability of selling at least one winning ticket with those sales is 92.41%, so the flip side is that the probability of selling all those tickets without a winner is 7.59% or about 1 in 13.

That’s unlikely, but I wouldn’t call it quite unlikely. It is, of course, vastly more likely than the chances of winning any larger prize in a lottery game.

One thought on “$32.25 million Lotto Texas jackpot is currently the largest in the USA

    Comments are closed.